Many of you may not know this but I love brunch!!!!
Every weekend if we don’t go out for brunch I will make it at home with a Mimosa by my side ( Favorite Prosecco is Scout and Cellars Rivamonte ). Since moving to Charlotte I have been missing my favorite Mexican breakfast dishes because lets be real… There are no good Mexican restaurants here. That is how I came up with this simple recipe that even my 2 year old will eat.
Lets get started!
- 1 Lb. Breakfast sausage
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Tortillas
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Onion Powder
- 1/2 Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cayenne Powder (omit if you can’t take the heat)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 1 10 oz Can of your favorite Enchilada Sauce
Lets Start Cooking
Grab your favorite frying pan or if your a college student. Grab the only one you own.
- Turn Stove to medium and start to cook the sausage till browned about 7 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel.
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl and add cumin, chili, onion, garlic, Cayenne powder and salt and pepper. Use whisk to whip the eggs.
In the same pan the sausage was cooked in…
- Lower heat to medium and pour egg mixture in.
- When eggs start to Harden pour half a cup of cheddar cheese and cooked sausage to pan.
- Cook until eggs are cooked and all ingredients are well blended.
- Lay out tortilla and spoon in about 3 tsps of mixture on tortilla.
- Roll tortilla making sure to fold in ends as you roll. So none of your mixer falls out.
Once all tortillas are rolled we fry them up…
Grab your Air Fryer (If you doing have one GET WITH THE PROGRAM PEOPLE!!!!) Here is my favorite Air Fryer from Amazon
- Turn fryer on as high as it can go. Mine only goes to 390.
- Spray bottom of basket with cooking spray.
- Place rolled tortilla in basket and spray tops of the rolls so they get golden brown.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
If you don’t have a Air Fryer…
- Pour vegetables oil in pan, turn strove to medium.
- Once oil is hot place rolls in. Turning every 30 seconds.
- Cook in batches and then place on paper towel to soak up the oil.
While the them in either the fryer or pan…
- Grab your baking dish and coat the bottom of the dish with your Favorite Enchilada Sauce.
- Place the enchiladas side by side till dish is full.
- Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Then sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese.
Turn on the boiler setting for your oven. (I know people are scared of the boiler set. DON’T BE!!!)
- Place enchiladas in oven for 1-2 minute or till the cheese melts and are golden brown.